Henry J. Catenacci
Henry J. Catenacci has more than 30 years of experience advising on first-party insurance coverage and subrogation matters. Practicing in courts throughout the United States, both state and federal, Mr. Catenacci has handled numerous multi-million dollar insurance coverage cases on behalf of insurers and also provides consulting services to numerous clients with respect to insurance procedures and policies. He successfully defended several high profile Y2K remediation claims, as well as many complex commercial property insurance cases arising out of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack, Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, Superstorm Sandy, and other catastrophes and large losses over the past several years.
Mr. Catenacci attended the University of Notre Dame and the Notre Dame Law School, and has been a member of the Notre Dame Law School Advisory Council since 2011. Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Catenacci completed a judicial clerkship with the Honorable Robert Shaw in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. He was admitted to the bar in 1969 (New Jersey and U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey). He is also admitted to the bars of the U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit (1976); U.S. Court of International Trade (1983); U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (1985); U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit (1993); U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit (2008); and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York (2003).
Mr. Catenacci achieved and has maintained the Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating for more than 30 years. He was also named to the 2014 list of “Top Rated Lawyers in Insurance Law” based on his Martindale Hubbell rating. This selection was highlighted in the August 2014 editions of The American Lawyer and Corporate Counsel magazines.
Honors and Awards:
- AV Preeminent® Peer Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- New Jersey Super Lawyers (2009 - present)
New Jersey State Bar Association
Essex County Bar Association
Loss Executives Association
- University of Notre Dame Law School (J.D., 1969)
- University of Notre Dame (A.B.,1966)
- State of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York