J. Barry Cocoziello
J. Barry Cocoziello is an experienced litigator with extensive trial and appellate experience. A Certified Civil Trial Attorney, Mr. Cocoziello has a wide range of experience in trial practice, including complex commercial litigation, fraud and RICO law, construction litigation, employment litigation and disciplinary proceedings before professional boards.
Mr. Cocoziello received his undergraduate degree from Washington College, his law degree from Rutgers-Newark, and served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Robert Muir, Superior Court of New Jersey. He is admitted to the Bar in the state and federal courts in New Jersey and Florida, and the Federal District Courts in New York. He has also been admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second and Third Circuits and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Cocoziello served as an adjunct professor at Rutgers Law School – Newark teaching Pretrial Civil Practice and served as a Master in the Vanderbilt Inns of Court. He has also, through his participation in the American Bar Association, served as a panelist and speaker at the Litigation Section forums.
Among the honors he has received, Mr. Cocoziello was selected for inclusion in “Chambers USA -- America’s Leading Lawyers for Business” in the area of general commercial litigation. He has also received the AV Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell.
Honors and Awards:
- Chambers USA - America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (General Commercial Litigation)
- AV Peer Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- New Jersey Super Lawyers (2004 - present)
- Rutgers University School of Law (J.D., 1976)
- Washington College (B.A., 1970)
- State of New Jersey
- State of Florida
- U.S. District Courts in New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court