Robert L. Podvey
Robert L. Podvey has a wide range of experience in real estate matters, including zoning and land use, construction disputes, real estate financing, leasing (both from the landlord and the tenant side), environmental liability management and compliance, and permit issues. In addition to his corporate experience, Mr. Podvey is a Certified Civil Trial Attorney. Whether in negotiation, or in litigation over liability for a major environmental pollution problem, wrongful refusal to grant a variance, or breach of a real estate contract or lease, he has a proven track record of successfully advancing his clients’ interests both in and out of court.
A graduate of New York University Law School, where he was a Root Tilden Scholar. Mr. Podvey clerked for the Hon. Sidney Goldman, Presiding Judge, Appellate Division, Superior Court of New Jersey. He was admitted to bar of New Jersey in 1965, and has also been admitted to the bars of the U.S. Court of Military Appeals, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, the U.S. Claims Court, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Podvey is a member of the Executive Committee and Secretary of the New Jersey State Chamber of Commerce. He is a Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Temple Sholom of West Essex, and serves as the Vice President of The Bridge, a non-profit drug and alcohol counseling agency based in Essex County New Jersey.
Honors and Awards:
- AV Peer Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America (2009-2016)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers (2003-2017)
- Litigation Counsel of America (2010-2016)
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- New York University Law School (J.D., 1964)
- New York University (B.A., 1961)
- State of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Military Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Claims Court
- U.S. Supreme Court