Steven A. Kroll
Steven A. Kroll is an associate in the Cyber Security and Data Privacy, and Professional Liability Groups at Connell Foley. He works with businesses regarding the creation and implementation of cybersecurity policies and procedures, and provides awareness training for employees on issues related to cybersecurity. He also advises businesses on cyber breach notification, regulatory response and litigation.
In addition, Mr. Kroll handles complex litigation for a wide range of professionals and businesses, including: attorneys, design professionals, insurance agents and brokers, and real estate brokers. He also represents child care facilities, nursing homes, and similar types of businesses in connection with claims of negligence.
Mr. Kroll is a 2009 graduate of Rutgers−Newark School of Law. He graduated cum laude, receiving the distinguished award of Order of the Coif. In 2006, he received his undergraduate degree from Montclair State University, graduating magna cum laude.
Honors and Awards:
- New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Star (2016)
- Order of the Coif (2009)
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Contributor, American Bar Association Lawyers' Professional Liability eAdvisory - Cyber Risks and Its Effect on the Legal Profession
- Contributor, USLAW DigiKnowledgeContributor; Connell Foley, LLP Cyber Blog
- Rowell v. Stecker, 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 87479 (D. N.J. Jun. 30, 2016)
- Bailey v. Zucker, Goldberg & Ackerman, LLC, 2016 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 1972(App. Div. 2016)
- Willoughby v. Zucker, Goldberg & Ackerman, LLC, et al., 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 81976 (D.N.J . 2014)
- Rutgers−Newark School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2009)
- Montclair State University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2006)
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York