Connell Foley has a long and distinguished history litigating commercial disputes in state and federal courts. Our Commercial Litigation practice group has earned a reputation for excellence and integrity founded upon high quality legal services, efficient and effective handling of complex matters, and personal commitment and service to our clients
Our team offers a wealth of experience in diverse business litigation specialties. Clients benefit from preventative analysis and long-term strategies designed to resolve disputes, as well as cutting-edge perspectives garnered from our extensive experience in the courtroom.
By drawing upon the collective experience of the firm’s accomplished attorneys – including those who have been certified as Civil Trial Lawyers by the Supreme Court of New Jersey – we provide a unique depth of experience, particularly for clients facing disputes that touch upon multiple and distinct areas of law. This wide range of vision and knowledge makes Connell Foley a “go-to” firm for regional, national, and international businesses requiring sophisticated litigation counsel.
Wide-Ranging Litigation Capabilities
Our attorneys represent corporations, closely held businesses and partnerships, professionals, and individuals, both as plaintiffs and defendants, in a variety of industries including pharmaceuticals, financial services, technology, cosmetics, industrial and medical equipment, life sciences, food service and processors, retail, and health and title insurance, among others.
Our principal areas of expertise include:
- Contract disputes, including employment, franchise, real estate, construction, insurance, and shareholder issues
- Business torts, including fraud actions, misappropriation of proprietary information, unfair competition, and breach of restrictive covenant claims
- Closely-held corporation disputes, including dissolution, abuses of control, and minority shareholder squeeze-outs
- Emergent and expedited proceedings involving injunctive relief
- State and federal appeals
- Antitrust, including complex civil cases, nationwide class actions, and consolidated multidistrict litigation involving federal and state laws
- Class action defense, including antitrust, consumer fraud, civil RICO claims, ERISA, mass torts, and products liability regional and national class actions
- Healthcare/ERISA litigation, including claims for benefits, fiduciary duty breaches, provider disputes, fraud and abuse, and overpayment recoveries
- Intellectual property, including counseling clients on protection and making applications to courts for the enforcement of trade secrets and proprietary information critical to our clients’ competitive advantage
- White collar criminal defense, including federal and state grand jury investigations and trials and internal corporate investigations
- Securities matters, including proceedings before the SEC, FINRA, and New Jersey Bureau of Securities; customer arbitrations; and litigation before state and federal courts, including class actions and shareholder derivative suits.
Whether dealing with sensitive issues during pre-litigation planning, advocating for our client during mediation or arbitration, or aggressively defending the most complicated litigation, our broad base of experience provides a solid foundation from which our diverse team of capable attorneys can provide comprehensive, cost-effective representation. We are wholly dedicated to achieving the best business and litigation results while always ensuring the commercial goals of our clients are achieved.