Matthew Baker represents clients in a wide variety of litigation matters. In particular, Matt works with healthcare insurance providers in ERISA and related litigation, advising on issues involving out-of-network reimbursement issues, coverage disputes and pursuing overpayments made to providers. Matt was previously seconded at a major health insurance carrier client where he assisted the carrier in managing litigation related to a wide variety of disputes brought on behalf of members nationwide.
Prior to joining Connell Foley, Matt served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Faustino J. Fernandez-Vina, Presiding Judge of the Civil Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Camden County, Law Division, for the 2010-2011 term.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Camden County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
News & Insights
- Patricia Lee and Matthew Baker Co-Author "Transparency in Out-of-Network Reimbursements: Can It Reduce Health-Care Costs in NJ? "12.04.2015
New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2014-2017)
- Honorable Faustino J. Fernandez-Vina, Presiding Judge,Civil Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Camden County, Law Division (2010-2011 term)
Rutgers University School of Law−Camden (J.D., 2010)
Rutgers University School of Business (B.S., Finance, 2006)
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey