Connell Foley LLP is pleased to announce that once again firm partners John Cromie, William McGloin, Philip McGovern Jr., Kathleen Murphy and Robert Ryan were selected for inclusion in the annual "Irish Legal 100.”
The Irish Legal 100, founded in 2008 by the Irish Voice newspaper in New York, is an annual compilation of the most distinguished legal professionals in the United States who share one common bond: pride in their Irish roots. The list includes attorneys, legal scholars and members of the judiciary who have distinguished themselves in their fields of endeavor. According to the publisher, “The Irish Legal 100 represents our most vibrant Irish network designed to bring people together, foster modern relationships with Ireland and to advance the interests of Irish America.”
Connell Foley’s partners and the other Irish Legal 100 honorees were recognized at a formal reception at the Washington, D.C. residence of the Irish Ambassador to the United States on October 17, 2018. Past honorees have included United States Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, Justice Anthony Kennedy, United States Ambassador to Ireland Kevin O’Malley, Georgetown Law Dean William Treanor, CBS News correspondent Erin Moriarty and many more.
For 2018, Connell Foley is proud to join in recognizing the following five partners, who have each been named to the Irish Legal 100 for multiple years.
- John Cromie, chair of Connell Foley’s Corporate and Business Law Group and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee, has been named to the Irish Legal 100 since 2017. He represents entities ranging from Fortune 100 public companies to privately owned mid‑cap enterprises and startup ventures on a wide range of real estate and financing transactions. He is well-versed in the area of mergers and acquisitions, as well as in the purchase, sale, leasing and development of commercial real estate. John also has significant experience representing lenders and documenting asset-based and real estate-based commercial loans and credit facilities.
- William McGloin, a partner in Connell Foley’s Professional Liability, Insurance Defense, Product Liability and Commercial Litigation practice groups, has been selected for inclusion in the Irish Legal 100 every year since 2014. Bill helps businesses and individuals navigate and successfully resolve their complex legal issues through advocacy, risk management and, when needed, litigation. In particular, Bill has a deep appreciation of the unique issues associated with professional liability litigation and the devastating impact such matters can have on the professional faced with serious allegations of professional fault.
- Philip McGovern Jr. is Connell Foley’s Managing Partner and has been named to the Irish Legal 100 each year since 2015. From initiating the firm's initial key expansion into Jersey City 15 years ago, to a vision for continued growth in New Jersey and New York, Phil applies a keen business sense in identifying opportunities — both for Connell Foley as well as for his clients. A savvy transactional attorney, he concentrates primarily on commercial real estate and corporate transactions, real estate development, land use, complex commercial financing and commercial leasing.
- Kathleen Murphy, a partner at Connell Foley's Insurance Defense Group, has been recognized in the Irish Legal 100 every year since 2015. A veteran of more than 100 verdict trials, Kate brings a strong track record of careful preparation leading to successful outcomes in the defense of automobile negligence claims, personal injury actions and product liability trials. She has an extensive background arguing cases before the state’s appellate courts and the New Jersey Supreme Court.
- Robert Ryan, chair of the Professional Liability Group and co-chair of the Trial Practice Group at Connell Foley, has been named to the Irish Legal 100 every year since 2013. A six-time Certified Civil Trial Attorney as certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey, Bob has dedicated his professional practice for over 35 years to the litigation and trial of substantial matters. His practice places particular emphasis on the representation of attorneys, architects and engineers in major professional malpractice litigation and he has served as lead counsel in the representation of professional firms in significant litigation matters venued in both the state and federal courts.