Alyra is a member of Connell Foley’s Commercial Litigation group, focusing on general liability, commercial litigation, and contractual disputes arising in the franchise and hospitality sectors. She recently earned the Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) credential through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), the global standard in privacy certification.
Alyra received her J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law, where she became the first student to graduate with a concentration in Privacy and Cybersecurity Law; and earned her B.A. in Jurisprudence and Political Science from Montclair State University, graduating cum laude. While in law school, she served as the National President of the Hispanic National Bar Association’s (“HNBA”) Law Student Division. In that capacity, she focused her efforts on creating opportunities for students to thrive in law school and subsequently become successful leaders in the legal profession.
Currently, Alyra serves as the HNBA’s Digital Communications Strategist and Deputy Regional President for HNBA Region III (NJ), and she is an active member of the New Jersey Women Lawyers Association’s Young Lawyers Committee. Outside of her legal work, Alyra frequently organizes and participates in community outreach programs for local soup kitchens, homeless shelters, and children facing special health challenges.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- New Jersey State Bar Association Privacy Committee (2017-Present)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (2016-Present)
- Defense Research Institute (2015-Present)
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association (2015-Present)
- Hispanic National Bar Association (2013-Present)
- Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey (2013-Present)
- Me, Inc.: Developing a Successful Personal Brand, Hispanic National Bar Association, Corporate Counsel Conference 2018
- The Art of the Legal Resume, Navigating the Job Search & Landing an Interview (Panelist), Rutgers School of Law 2017
- Keynote Speaker Power Session, New York University School of Law 2016
- "Demystifying the Deep Dark Web: A Guide for Attorneys" (Moderator), Fordham Law School 2016
- "The Importance of a Second Language in the Workplace" (Panelist), Montclair State University 2015
Graduate of the National Institute for Trial Advocacy Deposition Skills Program.
- Graduate of the Hospitality & Tourism Law Program at American University Washington College of Law, 2016
- Graduate of the Information Privacy Summer Institute Program at University of Maine School of Law, 2016
- New Jersey Legal Education and Empowerment Project, Mentor
- New Jersey Latino Task Force on Gubernatorial Appointments