Christopher Abatemarco has a broad litigation practice, focused primarily in the areas of insurance defense, premises liability, mass tort and ERISA. He is actively involved in the litigation process, representing the interests of major statewide property and liability insurance companies as well as the interests of their insureds.
Chris handles numerous aspects of litigation, including initial case assessment and investigation as well as all aspects of discovery, motion practice, trial preparation and trial practice. He practices in both the state and federal courts of New Jersey and New York.
Prior to joining Connell Foley, Chris served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Robert A. Longhi, Assignment Judge, Superior Court of New Jersey, Civil Division, Middlesex County. He also interned with the Honorable Philip B. Cummis, Superior Court of New Jersey, Family Division, Essex County.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- New Jersey Defense Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- USLAW Network
News & Insights
- Super Lawyers, 03.23.2021
- Super Lawyers - Thomson Reuters, 03.12.2019
- Super Lawyers - Thomson Reuters, 03.19.2018
- Connell Foley Attorney Christopher Abatemarco's Article "Commercial Landlord and Tenant Liability for Third-Party Injuries" published in in the March 2014 issue of For The Defense with DRI03.19.2014
- New Jersey Defense Association Summer Newsletter Features Christopher Abatemarco and Michael Shortt's Article on "Expanding The Scope Of Potential Liability for Commercial Tenants and Commercial Condominium Owners"09.03.2013
- 2011 Super Lawyers: 20 Connell Foley Attorneys, Top 50 Women New Jersey Super Lawyers, and Rising Stars04.29.2011
- New Jersey Law Journal, 03.21.2016
- The Defense with DRI, 03.01.2014
- Author, "Expanding The Scope Of Potential Liability for Commercial Tenants and Commercial Condominium Owners"New Jersey Defense Association Summer Newsletter, Summer 2013
New Jersey Super Lawyers (2010-2021)
Please see Honor and Award Methodology. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Hon. Robert A. Longhi, Assignment Judge, Superior Court of New Jersey, Civil Division, Middlesex County
Rutgers University School of Law (J.D., 2004; member of the Rutgers Law Record)
St. John's University (B.S., magna cum laude, 2001)
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Supreme Court