Matthew Schultz has extensive experience in premises and general liability, products and professional liability, catastrophic loss, consumer fraud class actions, wrongful death actions, contract disputes and business litigation. He regularly represents businesses and individuals at the trial and appellate levels throughout New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania, in both state and federal court.
Matthew is a graduate of the prestigious International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) Trial Academy at Stanford University. He is an active member of the Defense Research Institute (DRI), having served on various committees, published articles and served as a featured presenter.
Upon graduation from law school, Matthew served as Law Clerk to The Honorable Clarkson S. Fisher, Jr., Presiding Judge, Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division, Monmouth County (now Judge Appellate Division, Superior Court of New Jersey).
Most recently, Matthew was elected and installed as Secretary of the Essex County Bar Association, where he has been appointed as a board member since 2010. He is in line to become president of the ECBA in 2019.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Essex County Bar Association: Secretary
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- New Jersey State Bar Association: Member, Equity Jurisprudence Committee
- American Bar Association
- USLAW Network
News & Insights
- Graduate, International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) Trial Academy, Stanford University, July 2012
- Honorable Clarkson S. Fisher, Jr., Presiding Judge, Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division, Monmouth County (now Judge Appellate Division, Superior Court of New Jersey)(2002 - 2003)
Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., Appellate Advocacy and Interscholastic Moot Court Boards, 2002)
Rutgers University (B.S., Administration of Justice, Minors in History and Criminology, 1999)
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Supreme Court