Michael Affrunti represents clients on a variety of matters involving land use, construction, labor and employment law, and commercial litigation.. With a strong knowledge of federal, state and local government laws, including experience serving on a local zoning board, Michael is equipped to help clients obtain results ranging from proposed ordinances and resolutions to development approvals and public contract awards. He also has a keen understanding of compliance issues that arise during the development and post-development phase of a construction project, allowing him to assist contractors with state and federal contract compliance programs requiring affirmative action and nondiscrimination.
Before entering private practice, Michael completed clerkships with the Honorable Christine M. Vanek, Civil Division, Hudson County and the Honorable Francis J. Vernoia, J.A.D. in the Appellate Division. This background provides Michael with a unique perspective in navigating the court system and implementing effective litigation strategies. While in law school, Michael was the editor-in-chief of the Rutgers Computer & Technology Law Journal, which published his note Discontinuance in the Face of Destruction: The Future of Telecommunications Law After Superstorm Sandy. Michael was also a member of the Rutgers Moot Court Board, a Governor’s Executive Fellow at the Eagleton Institute of Politics, and an intern for the Honorable Michael A. Shipp in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association Land Use Law Section
- Executive Board Member, Essex County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section
- Mentor, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northern New Jersey
News & Insights
- Connell Foley LLP - 56 Livingston Avenue, Roseland, NJ, 01.28.2020
- New Jersey Law Journal, 04.25.2019
- New Jersey DOL Provides Tools to Explain the Interplay Between the FFCRA and State Leave and Benefit LawsLegal Blogs and Updates, 04.02.2020
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 12.18.2019
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 06.28.2018
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 02.23.2018
- Hon. Francis J. Vernoia, J.A.D.; Hon. Christine M. Vanek J.S.C.
Rutgers University School of Law (J.D., 2015; Editor-in-Chief, Rutgers Computer and Technology Law Journal)
Rutgers University (B.A., 2010)
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey