Kevin Gardner has an expansive litigation practice that includes complex commercial, construction and environmental cases, class actions, product liability claims, employment matters, restrictive covenant disputes and trade secret litigation. With experience serving as national coordinating counsel and regional litigation counsel for multinational corporations, Kevin represents clients in federal and state courts as well as alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
In addition to his litigation practice, Kevin has substantial experience handling crisis management issues following major disasters and regularly assists companies in preparing and executing crisis management, coordinating investigations and crafting emergency response plans. He has also served as a mediator in more than 400 private and court-ordered mediations, as an arbitrator by court appointment in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, and as a fee arbitrator by designation of the New Jersey Supreme Court.
Strongly committed to legal education, Kevin has served as an adjunct professor at Seton Hall University School of Law and Rutgers University Law School and as a lecturer at New York University Stern School of Business. In 2013, he was honored with the Distinguished Service Award from the New Jersey State Bar Association for his contributions to continuing legal education.
By appointment of the New Jersey Supreme Court, Kevin has served six terms as a member of the Supreme Court's Civil Practice Committee.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Risk and Insurance Management Society
- Defense Research Institute
- USLAW Network
- Adjunct Professor, Seton Hall University School of Law
- Adjunct Professor, Rutgers University School of Law
- Lecturer, New York University Graduate School of Business
- Faculty Member, National Institute for Trial Advocacy
- Faculty Member, New Jersey Attorney General's Advocacy Institute
- Speaker, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Master, Seton Hall Law School Inn of Court
News & Insights
- Connell Foley Partner, Kevin R. Gardner received the 2013 Distinguished Service Award from the New Jersey State Bar Association and New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education12.11.2013
- Kevin R. Gardner, Litigation Partner, Speaks at New Jersey Defense Association's Affirmative Defense Seminar06.20.2012
- Kevin R. Gardner Explains "The Impact of HIPAA on Treating Physician Interviews" in Article Published in The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel06.19.2012
- 2011 Super Lawyers: 20 Connell Foley Attorneys, Top 50 Women New Jersey Super Lawyers, and Rising Stars04.29.2011
- Hon. Robert L. Clifford, Associate Justice, Supreme Court of New Jersey
Seton Hall University (J.D., 1979; Managing Editor, The Law Review)
Lehigh University (B.A., 1976)
- New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey