From complex commercial disputes to employment matters, intellectual property challenges or allegations of fraud, companies face legal risks that can jeopardize their ability to do business. Our Commercial Litigation practice understands the issues at stake. We have extensive experience creating solutions and strategies that protect our clients from exposure, yet we are equally accomplished in achieving successful outcomes in court. We’ve earned a reputation for excellence and integrity founded upon high-quality legal services, cost-efficient and effective handling of complex matters and personal commitment to our clients.
Our litigators practice across a broad spectrum of industries, including pharmaceuticals, financial services, technology, cosmetics, industrial and medical equipment, life sciences, food service and processors, retail, and health and title insurance, among others. With experience counseling regional, national and international clients, we represent corporations, closely held businesses and partnerships, professionals and individuals.
Our team brings together a diverse group of accomplished litigators with substantial trial experience in state and federal courts, including appellate experience, as well as in arbitrations and mediations. Recognized for their excellence as commercial litigators, the group includes 11 lawyers designated by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as Certified Civil Trial Lawyers. Clients benefit from our preventative analysis and long-term strategies designed to resolve disputes, as well as cutting-edge perspectives garnered from our extensive experience in the courtroom.
Whether dealing with sensitive issues during pre-litigation planning, advocating for our clients during mediation or arbitration, or aggressively defending the most complicated litigation, we are wholly dedicated to achieving the best legal results while always keeping our eye on the business objectives of our clients.
Principal areas of focus include:
- Contract disputes, including employment, franchise, real estate, construction, insurance and shareholder issues
- Business torts, including fraud actions, misappropriation of proprietary information, unfair competition and breach of restrictive covenant claims
- Closely held corporation disputes, including dissolution, abuses of control and minority shareholder squeeze-outs
- Emergent and expedited proceedings involving injunctive relief
- State and federal appeals
- Antitrust, including complex civil cases, nationwide class actions and consolidated multidistrict litigation involving federal and state laws
- Class action defense, including antitrust, consumer fraud, civil RICO claims, ERISA, mass torts and products liability regional and national class actions
- Health care/ERISA litigation, including claims for benefits, fiduciary duty breaches, provider disputes, fraud, and abuse and overpayment recoveries
- Intellectual property, including counseling clients on protection and making applications to courts for the enforcement of trade secrets and proprietary information critical to our clients’ competitive advantage
- White collar criminal defense, including federal and state grand jury investigations and trials and internal corporate investigations
- Securities matters, including proceedings before the SEC, FINRA and New Jersey Bureau of Securities; customer arbitrations; and litigation before state and federal courts, including class actions and shareholder derivative suits
News & Insights
- Business Law Section Newsletter, a publication of the New Jersey State Bar Association, 10.2016
- New Jersey Law Journal, 10.24.2016
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 06.16.2017
- SCOTUS Unanimously Restricts Ability of Putative Class Action Plaintiff to Appeal Denial of Class CertificationLegal Blogs and Updates, 06.14.2017
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 05.18.2017
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 03.31.2017
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 01.25.2017
- D.C. Court of Appeals Finds that CFPB is Unconstitutionally Structured and Vacates $103 Million FineLegal Blogs and Updates, 10.12.2016
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 07.21.2016
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 06.07.2016
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 06.06.2016
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 05.26.2016
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 05.19.2016
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 01.22.2016