Timothy E. Corriston is a partner with Connell Foley. He focuses his practice on environmental law, mass torts, subrogation, product liability, land use, and commercial disputes. He has extensive trial experience and has handled cases for the firm's clients in courtrooms throughout the United States and in various alternative dispute resolution forums.
Timothy Corriston combines a strategic outlook with efficient planning to represent insurance carriers, municipalities, Fortune 500 companies, small businesses and individuals in a broad array of environmental and complex commercial matters.
Tim has a strong track record handling mass torts, subrogation, product liability, land use and commercial disputes. On behalf of insurance carriers, he frequently defends businesses against claims of liability for exposure to asbestos, lead and other agents. His extensive trial experience includes trying cases in courtrooms throughout the United States, as well as representing clients in various alternative dispute resolution forums, including mediations and arbitrations.
In addition to his litigation work, Tim advises businesses as an outside general counsel, serving as a trusted resource on employment matters, contracts, leases and other day-to-day legal issues that can affect their bottom line.
Prior to joining Connell Foley, Tim served as a law secretary to the Honorable William C. Meehan, J.S.C. in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County. An active participant in his community, Tim is a member of the Ho-Ho-Kus Planning Board and a member of the Board of Trustees for the Highlands Lacrosse Association. In addition, he serves as pro bono counsel to New Jersey After 3, a nonprofit organization that was created in 2004 to fund afterschool programs for children.
- Pro Bono counsel to New Jersey After 3, Inc.
- Pro Bono counsel to the Highlands Lacrosse Association
- National counsel to consumer products manufacturer in products liability matters
- Representation of insurers in subrogation matters
- Representation of owners, operators and generators in CERCLA, RCRA, Spill Act and private party environmental cases
- Regional counsel for large chemical manufacturer in class action, environmental and products liability suits
- Counsel for premise owners, contractors, suppliers and manufacturers in asbestos and other toxic tort suits filed in the state and federal courts New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania
- Representation of developers seeking land use approvals
- Representation of environmental engineers and contractors in professional malpractice actions
- Representation of many mid-to-large businesses in commercial disputes
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member, Ho-Ho-Kus Planning Board
- Member, Highlands Lacrosse Association Board of Trustees
- Board Member, Fordham Law School Alumni Association, New Jersey Chapter
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Member, National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- Speaker, “Non-Traditional Exposures and the Changing Landscape of Asbestos Defendant Liability,” HarrisMartin's New Jersey Asbestos Litigation Conference (February 2015)
News & Insights
- Firm Obtains Dismissal of All Claims Against County Prosecutor's Office and Retired Detective Sergeant06.20.2012
- 2011 Super Lawyers: 20 Connell Foley Attorneys, Top 50 Women New Jersey Super Lawyers, and Rising Stars04.29.2011
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 02.25.2016
Best Lawyers in America (2017)
- Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Defendants
Top Rated Lawyers, litigation practice area, New York Law Journal (2014)
New Jersey's Top Rated Lawyers, Inside Jersey magazine (2012)
New Jersey Super Lawyers (2010-2017)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers Top 100 (2015)
AV Peer Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Honorable William C. Meehan, J.S.C., Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County
Pace University School of Law (LL.M., Environmental Law, 1992)
Fordham University School of Law (J.D., 1986)
Hobart College (B.A., Economics, 1983)
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Supreme Court