Timothy E. Corriston
Timothy E. Corriston is a partner with Connell Foley. He focuses his practice on environmental law, mass torts, subrogation, product liability, land use, and commercial disputes. He has extensive trial experience and has handled cases for the firm's clients in courtrooms throughout the United States and in various alternative dispute resolution forums.
Mr. Corriston, a life long resident of Bergen County, is an active participant in his community. He is a member of the Ho-Ho-Kus Planning Board and a member of the Board of Trustees for the Highlands Lacrosse Association. In addition, Mr. Corriston serves as Pro bono counsel to New Jersey After 3, a nonprofit organization that was created in 2004 to fund afterschool programs for children.
Mr. Corriston joined the firm as an associate in 1987. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Corriston was a law secretary to the Honorable William C. Meehan, J.S.C. in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County.
He is admitted to practice in all of the state and federal courts in New Jersey and New York, as well as to the United States Supreme Court.
- National counsel to consumer products manufacturer in products liability matters
- Representation of insurers in subrogation matters.
- Representation of owners, operators and generators in CERCLA, RCRA, Spill Act, and private party environmental cases
- Regional counsel for large chemical manufacturer in class action, environmental, and products liability suits
- Counsel for premise owners, contractors, suppliers, and manufacturers in asbestos and other toxic tort suits filed in the State and Federal Courts New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania
- Representation of developers seeking land use approvals
- Representation of environmental engineers and contractors in professional malpractice actions
- Representation of many mid-to-large businesses in commercial disputes
Honors and Awards:
Best Lawyers in America (2017)
- Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Defendants
- Top Rated Lawyers published in New York Law Journal in the litigation practice area (2014)
- New Jersey's Top Rated Lawyers published in Inside Jersey magazine (2012)
New Jersey Super Lawyers (2010-2017)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers Top 100 (2015)
- AV Peer Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Pro Bono counsel to New Jersey After 3, Inc.
- Pro Bono counsel to the Highlands Lacrosse Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Member, National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- Member, Ho-Ho-Kus Planning Board
- Member, Highlands Lacrosse Association Board of Trustees
- Board Member, Fordham Law School Alumni Association, New Jersey Chapter
- Speaker, “Non-Traditional Exposures and the Changing Landscape of Asbestos Defendant Liability,” HarrisMartin's New Jersey Asbestos Litigation Conference (February 2015)
- Pace University School of Law (LL.M., Environmental Law, 1992)
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D., 1986)
- Hobart College (B.A., Economics, 1983)
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Supreme Court