Steve Barnett, a partner in Connell Foley’s Environmental Law Group, presented for the joint Connell Foley LLP / First Environment, Inc. webinar “NJ LSRP Program Implications for Insurers” on January 26, 2022.
Steve and co-presenters Scott Green, PG, Director, Environmental Insurance Services Group and Dan Lattanzi, LSRP, Senior Associate, of First Environment, Inc. discussed the basics of the New Jersey Licensed Site Remediation Professional (LSRP) Program and Site Remediation Reform Act.
This virtual presentation provided the following tips that are important for environmental claims adjusters, insurance underwriters, and environmental attorneys.
- Anticipate how the LSRP program may impact the claims process
- Know what to look for and what questions to ask when hiring an LSRP
- Understand why closure strategies differ among LSRPs
- Become familiar with recent regulatory updates and their implications on remedial alternatives
- Understand the legal and ethical issues at play on LSRP claims