For decades, Connell Foley has been at the forefront of product liability and tort law. Using a proactive approach, we provide counsel across the full spectrum of potential liability related to the design, manufacture and distribution of consumer, commercial, construction and industrial products. If litigation ensues, our deep bench of experienced trial lawyers offers effective strategies in all phases of proceedings, from pretrial discovery, expert selection and motion practice through trial and appeal.
Connell Foley’s excellent track record of successful outcomes is founded on a commonsense approach and a keen eye on innovations in the field. Team members have served as lead counsel in significant cases ranging from single plaintiff lawsuits to class actions, and in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
Our Product Liability and Tort Law group mounts a carefully crafted defense against a broad range of defect claims, such as manufacture, design, failure to warn and breach of warranty. We also provide day-to-day counseling to safeguard against future liabilities.
The scope of our experience is best reflected in the broad range of products that we have defended:
- Aeronautic equipment
- Children’s products
- Construction equipment and materials
- Consumer products
- Food and food services
- Industrial machinery
- Inhaled products
- Medical devices
- Motor vehicles
- Pharmaceuticals packaging
- Power tools
- Recreational and safety equipment
Our team is comprised of attorneys who are recognized authorities in product liability and tort law. Members of our team regularly lecture and write extensively on product liability developments, teach on law college faculties and serve as mediators and arbitrators in product liability disputes. Lawyers in the group have also served on the New Jersey Supreme Court’s Civil Practice Committee.
News & Insights
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.15.2019
- Super Lawyers - Thomson Reuters, 03.12.2019
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.15.2018
- CLE Program: The Internet of Things: Its Interplay with Traditional Product Liability Laws and Other Laws/RegulationsConnell Foley LLP - Roseland Office, 03.27.2018
- Strictly Speaking, the newsletter of the DRI Product Liability Committee, 06.2016
- Mitchell Taraschi Contributing Author "JPMA State Liaison Summary of Child Product Liability Laws for the United States and Canada"Fall 2013
- Mitchell Taraschi Contributing Author In A 50-State Survey Entitled: “The Parental Negligence Doctrine"DRI Products Liability Conference, 04.2012
- Mitchell Taraschi Contributing Author In A 50-State Survey Entitled: “Damages Recoverable in a Minor's Personal Injury or Wrongful Death Action”DRI Products Liability, 04.2012
- New Jersey Law Journal, 03.2011
- New Jersey Law Journal , 12.2006
- The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, 06.2004