Brian Morrissey defends Fortune 100 companies, large non-profit corporations and small business partners across a wide variety of litigation matters. He is an experienced practitioner in the New York trial and appellate courts, as well as the New York federal district courts and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
In particular, Brian handles matters involving labor law, aviation, product liability, insurance and contract disputes, motor vehicle and trucking litigation, premises liability, negligent supervision and sexual torts.
Prior to entering private practice, Brian served as a law clerk with New York’s Appellate Division, First Department.
Brian is a board member for the Robert L. Sweeney Memorial Foundation, which partners with Good Shepard Hospice to provide bereavement and summer camp programs for children of hospice clients.
- Fawemimo v. American Airlines, Inc., 2017 U.S. Dist. Lexis 12527 (federal preemption)
- Mecca Cont. v. Scottsdale Ins., 140 A.D.3d 714 (defense and indemnity)
- Burkhardt v. Boy Scouts of America, 131 A.D.3d 660 (negligence)
- O’Lear v. Boy Scouts of America, 33 A.D.3d 685 (wrongful death)
- Morales v. Delta Air Lines, 297 A.D.2d 786) (spoliation)
- Ahmad v. Getty Petroleum Corp., 217 A.D.2d 600 (premises liability)
- Liapes v. Spiropoulos, 215 A.D.2d 732 (breach of contract)
- Chernick v. RCA, 207 A.D.2d 373 (breach of warranty)
Professional and Community Affiliations
Mr. Morrissey volunteers with the Robert L. Sweeney Memorial Foundation, in conjunction with Good Shepard Hospice, to offer bereavement opportunities to family members of hospice clients.
News & Insights
Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 1987)
Marist College (B.A., 1981)
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York