With over four decades of experience representing nearly every type of entity involved in the aviation industry, Connell Foley is a fixture among the region’s law firms that practice aviation law. The Aviation Practice Group has effectively handled all aspects of aviation representation, from crisis situations involving crashes, security and emergency issues to standard commercial disputes and corporate/transactional matters. Our group is skilled in handling matters in federal and state courts as well as investigations and proceedings involving major relevant regulatory agencies, including the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of Transportation, the Department of Justice and the National Transportation Safety Board.
Connell Foley has been involved in many of the recent major disputes in the aviation industry. Notably, the Aviation group’s lawyers serve as lead counsel for several airline defendants and an airport operator in the multibillion-dollar consolidated wrongful death and property damage lawsuits filed in connection with the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Aviation industry clients turn to Connell Foley concerning a wide range of matters, including those in connection with domestic, regional and international airlines (Part 91, 121 and 135); cargo and freight forwarders; general aircraft and helicopter manufacturers; component manufacturers; maintenance and repair facilities; fixed-based operators; airports; flight schools; parachute and balloon operators; individual pilots and contractors; airline contractors; service companies and other commercial entities.
We have successfully handled aviation matters involving:
- Airline crash and ground incidents
- Airport security issues
- Commercial and transactional matters
- Contract and indemnity issues
- Emergency planning and evacuation
- Employment, boarding and other discrimination issues
- Environmental and hazardous materials issues
- Federal multidistrict litigation
- GARA issues
- General aviation crashes
- Helicopter accidents
- Insurance coverage Issues
- Midair collisions
- Pre-emption issues
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Terrorist attacks
- Warsaw and Montreal Convention issues
- Wrongful death and significant personal injury
This broad engagement with the aviation industry — coupled with the firm’s mass tort, environmental and regulatory law practices — provides clients with the deep industry experience and know-how to achieve the desired results in a cost-effective manner.
News & Insights
- BTI Consulting, 06.09.2021
- Super Lawyers, 03.23.2021
- NJBIZ, 03.02.2020
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers, 11.01.2019
- New Jersey Law Journal, 09.30.2019
- Super Lawyers - Thomson Reuters, 03.12.2019