Patrick During focuses his practice on commercial litigation, franchise distribution, and product liability. His extensive litigation experience and a proven track record of success representing a wide range of clients in courts across the country at both the trial and appellate levels. His strategic approach has led to successes in handling purchase power agreement disputes, permitting, installation, and operations-related issues in solar technology. Additionally, Patrick has a strong background in litigating trademark and copyright infringement claims for Fortune 500 companies. He has negotiated favorable outcomes and solutions for his client in the areas of insurance defense and professional responsibility litigation. Clients appreciate the unique blend of business-focused and innovative approaches that he brings to every case.
Patrick is a graduate of the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) Trial Academy at Stanford University. He is a member of the IADC, DRI, USLAW, and the Garden State Bar Association. Equally active in the firm, Patrick is an active member of the Hiring and Diversity Committees.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
News & Insights
- Super Lawyers, 03.23.2021
- Super Lawyers - Thomson Reuters, 03.12.2019
- Super Lawyers - Thomson Reuters, 03.19.2018
- Law360 Pulse, 02.15.2023
- New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Star (2014-2021)
Please see Honor and Award Methodology. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- The Honorable Nolan B. Dawkins and The Honorable Constance H. Frogale, Alexandria Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court for the 18th Judicial District of Virginia, 2005
College of William & Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law (J.D., Vice President of the Black Law Student Association, 2006)
Clemson University (B.A., cum laude, Political Science/History, 2002)
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey