Margot Wilensky represents a wide variety of clients in complex civil litigation matters, from the pre-litigation investigations stage through trial and appeal. Her practice covers several areas of law, including product liability, Labor Law and construction litigation, toxic torts, general negligence, fire casualty and intellectual property.
Practicing in both state and federal court, Margot regularly represents corporate clients in lawsuits relating to design, manufacture, warnings, recalls, and repair and alteration of products, including durable medical equipment, hydraulic cylinders, exercise equipment, and beauty and cosmetic products. She defends both manufacturers and premises owners in lawsuits involving fires and floods resulting in mass casualty and property damage. In addition, Margot regularly represents owners/developers, lessors/lessees, general contractors and subcontractors in both personal injury and property damage matters arising out of claims of construction defect, violations of New York Labor Law and negligence, while pursuing risk transfer opportunities.
Margot’s practice also includes defending suits involving commercial carriers, emergency services transportation and fleet vehicles where there has been personal injury and property damage. Margot seeks to obtain early dismissal under the Graves Amendment, when applicable, and as well position the client for early summary judgment or resolution, with a focus on early discovery of liability and damages.
With regard to negligence lawsuits, Margot represents business owners, tenants, building owners and management companies in negligent security, premises liability, and assault and battery lawsuits.
In addition, Margot defends clients in cases involving trademark infringement, unfair competition and false advertising claims, and has experience with prosecuting defendants in the sale of counterfeit goods.
Margot was a recipient of Colgate University's Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence and a member of Lambda Alpha National Honors Society. During law school, she interned for the Hon. Edward H. Lehner, J.S.C. Margot is a 2019 Graduate of the IADC Trial Academy.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- State Membership Chair, New York (2018-present)
- Product Liability Group Product Liability Steering Committee - Publications Vice Chair (2018-present)
- Membership Committee (2018-present)
- Young Lawyers Steering Committee (2014-2018); previous Annual Meeting Chair and Activities Chair
IADC Trial Academy Graduate (2019)
News & Insights
- Austin, TX, September 15-17, 2022
- Speaker, "Women, the Legal Profession, and Client Development: Common Obstacles and How to Overcome Them," USLAW NETWORK Women's Connection11.2019
- Speaker, "Women, the Legal Profession, and Client Development: Common Obstacles and How to Overcome Them"Atlanta, GA, 11.08.2019
- Speaker, "Experts in New York and New Jersey: Two States Geographically Close but Worlds Apart"09.2017
- Author, "Strategic Concerns of the Material Alterations Defense"Defense Research Institute's Trials and Tribulations, 2015
New York Metro Super Lawyers, Rising Stars (2014-2021)
Please see Honor and Award Methodology. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
New York Law School (J.D., 2008)
Colgate University (B.A., 2003)
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Supreme Court