Joseph Megariotis focuses primarily on complex commercial disputes, including franchise and trademark litigation in the retail and hospitality sectors, as well as the defense of large exposure/catastrophic casualty events throughout the country.
Joseph began his career as the Judicial Law Clerk from 2010 to 2011 for the Honorable John J. Langan, Jr., J.S.C., Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County, Civil Division. He also successfully completed his course of training of the Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court for the term of 2012-2014. The Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court was founded as one of the first Inns of Court in New Jersey. It was created by a group of dedicated judges and attorneys for the purpose of teaching and mentoring young lawyers in the skills of trial advocacy, civility, professionalism and ethics. The two-year program was conducted in Hackensack at the Superior Court of New Jersey. Joseph was part of a pupilage group lead by the Honorable Menelaos W. Toskos, J.S.C. and the Honorable Robert C. Wilson, J.S.C.
Joseph graduated magna cum laude from Seton Hall University, Stillman School of Business, and received his law degree from Thomas M. Cooley Law School, in Lansing, Michigan (now Western Michigan University Cooley Law School). In addition to receiving a scholarship, Joseph was a Senator in the Student Bar Association, an Associate Editor for the Thomas M. Cooley Law Journal, and the recipient of the Krinock Memorial Award for his outstanding service and dedication to the students of the law school community.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- ABA Forum on Franchising
- Vice Chair, Sponsorship Subcommittee of the Young Lawyers Committee (2018-2019)
- Marketing Chair, Franchising Specialized Litigation Group of the Retail and Hospitality Committee (2018-2019)
News & Insights
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.19.2021
- Super Lawyers, 03.23.2021
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.20.2020
- Super Lawyers - Thomson Reuters, 03.12.2019
- Super Lawyers - Thomson Reuters, 03.19.2018
- Featured, "$14M in Settlements Ends Ga. Case Involving Man Who Lost Foot When Hit by Concrete Truck," Daily ReportDaily Report, 09.23.2021
- Author, "A Practical Approach to the 2020 Amendment to Rule 30(b)(6)," DRI Young Lawyers Committee Raising the Bar Newsletter Vol. 17 Issue 2DRI Young Lawyers Committee Raising the Bar Newsletter Vol. 17 Issue 2, 06.09.2021
- Author, "Baseball Arbitration: An Alternative Mechanism to Resolve Civil Matters During the COVID-19 Health Crisis," DRI Young Lawyers Committee Raising the Bar Newsletter Vol. 16 Issue 11DRI Young Lawyers Committee Raising the Bar Newsletter Vol. 16 Issue 11, 11.20.2020
Best Lawyers in America (2021-2022)
- Ones to Watch - Commercial Litigation, Product Liability Litigation- Defendants
New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Star (2016-2021)
Please see Honor and Award Methodology. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Honorable John J. Langan, Jr., J.S.C. Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County, Civil Division (2010 – 2011)
Thomas M. Cooley School of Law (now Western Michigan University Cooley Law School) (J.D., 2010)
Seton Hall University (B.S., Marketing, magna cum laude, 2006)
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey