Karen Randall Painter, Chair of Connell Foley's Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Group, is presenting for the USLAW webinar "Pandemic Cybersecurity Related Issues and the New Normal."
With the substantial increase in remote working due to COVID-19, cyber risk and the number of attacks are growing exponentially, and hackers have become even more prevalent. This webinar provides real-world solutions to help protect businesses, clients and confidential information from viruses, hackers, phishing, ransomware and other cyber threats. Topics include:
- How to safely and securely manage personnel in a work-from-home environment
- How the transfer of personnel to a remote environment may affect your cyber risk
- Whether the return of the workforce to the office may bring other or new cyber liability
- Legal and ethical requirements for protecting confidential information, plus pointers for doing so, whether at work or the “home office”
- Telltale signs of phishing and other ransomware attempts
- What to do if a cyberattack is successful
- Insurance and remote workers
Karen is joined on the webinar by co-presenters Monique Ferraro, Counsel Cyber Practice, The Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company; Joseph Ruscak, Shareholder, Roetzel & Andress; and Molly Arranz, Partner, SmithAmundsen LLC.