Michael Shadiack, Chair of Connell Foley's Labor and Employment Group, will present “Post-COVID Workplace: An Overview of Legal Concerns” at the Association of Food Industries (AFI) annual 2021 U.S. Food Import Industry Town Meeting on December 8, 2021, a full-day look at the hottest topics facing the U.S. food import trade.
Co-presenters and additional topics of discussion will include:
- “Update from FDA’s Division of Northeast Imports,” Nazmul Hassan, (Captain, U.S. Public Health Service; Director, Investigations Branch, Division of Northeast Imports, FDA)
- Snapshot of Israel’s Food Exports, Jennifer Kim (Director of Business Development, Government of Israel Economic Mission)
- Snapshot of Chile’s Food Exports, Christophe Desplas (Trade Commissioner of Chile; Director, ProChile New York)
- “Tax-Saving Techniques for the U.S. Food Importer,” Louis Biscotti (Food and Beverage Services Leader, Marcum, LLP)
- “VQIP: A Participant’s View,” Enrique Escudero (Managing Director, SOVENA USA)
- “Navigating Uncharted Waters: What Every Importer Needs to Know About Ocean Freight for 2022 and Beyond,” Steve Ferreira (Founder & CEO, Ocean Audit)
- “It’ll Take More Than an Aspirin to Cure Logistics Headaches!,” Lee Klaskow (Senior Analyst, Transportation and Logistics, Bloomberg Intelligence)
Visit AFI's website to register for this event.