ROSELAND, N.J./December 5, 2011 -- Connell Foley partner Michael A. Shadiack was a featured presenter at the New Jersey Business & Industry Association’s (NJBIA) “HR 101: Employment and Labor Law Basics Seminar" held on December 2, 2011 at the Wilshire Grand Hotel, West Orange, New Jersey.
Shadiack provided more than 100 human resource professionals and management representatives in attendance with practical advice on limiting risk from lawsuits and government investigations, including:
- Understanding the precursors to litigation
- Responding to internal complaints
- Avoiding retaliation claims
- Responding to agency charges and investigations
- Management tools for limiting exposure
- Self-audits and best employment practices
- Alternate dispute resolution
- Responding to demand letters
- Employee/Independent Contractor classifications
- Exempt vs. Non-exempt status ("white-collar" exemptions)
Shadiack is a member of the firm's Labor and Employment Law practice group, who practices exclusively in the areas of labor and employment law on behalf of management in the private and public sectors. He represents international and regional private corporations, non-profit organizations, and institutions of higher education. He provides employers with pro-active and preventative counseling on personnel and benefit issues to ensure compliance with statutory and common law requirements, as well as prepares comprehensive and practical employment agreements and employee handbooks tailored to each employer’s specific needs.
For more information, please contact Michael Shadiack at 973-535-0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.