ROSELAND, N.J./August 15, 2011 -- Connell Foley partner, Mitchell W. Taraschi has been named to the New Jersey Law Journal's 2011 “40 Under 40” list, a selection of top attorneys under age 40 identified and evaluated on the basis of achievement in their careers, and through recognition by professional organizations. Candidates’ individual membership and leadership roles in the bar and work in charitable and volunteer activities are included in the review. Honorees are considered top leaders in the state's legal community.
During 13 years with Connell Foley and as a member of the Commercial Litigation and Construction Law practice groups, Taraschi has solidified his reputation as a skillful attorney before state and federal courts, serving business, banking, and construction clients. His comprehensive work across a range of industries includes representing:
- A national bank in a variety of cases totaling millions of dollars including claims of fraud, embezzlement and forged checks
- A national health care organization in a trademark ownership dispute
- A national homebuilder in an action related to the construction of a high rise condominium complex in Hoboken
- A national construction management firm in multi-million dollar construction case relating to the design and construction of various schools
- A national developer in a multi-million dollar construction case including claims by a homeowners’ association for a major residential development relating to alleged deficient design and/or defective construction of various buildings, roadways and irrigation systems
- Various contractors and public entities involved in public bidding disputes
- A business in complex commercial litigation including such issues as wrongful termination of exclusive distributorship agreement, trademark infringement, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, tortious interference, defamation/trade libel and violations of the Lanham Act
- An international pharmaceutical company in mass tort products liability actions
Through his role on the firm’s hiring committee, he strengthens the engagement of younger associates through mentoring, and he supervises a group of associate attorneys. In line with the firm’s growth goals, Taraschi has been instrumental in identifying expansion opportunities, including opening an office in the Cherry Hill area.
Taraschi’s legal skill is complemented by a strong entrepreneurial spirit and support for charitable associations; he is actively engaged in his community through the Board of Amenity LLC and its humanitarian works. He is an active member of the New Jersey State Bar Association–Banking Law Section, the Essex County Bar Association, and the American Bar Association.
Taraschi graduated from Lafayette College magna cum laude and with honors, and he is a member of Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Alpha Theta (History Honor Society), and Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science Honor Society). He was a member/participant of the Moot Court competition as well as the International Law Society while attending the University of Virginia Law School.
For more information, contact Mitchell Taraschi at 973-535-0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.