ROSELAND, N.J./July 1, 2010 -- Connell Foley partner Robert E. Ryan delivered an informative seminar titled “Legal Malpractice: Professional Liability and the Rules of Professional Conduct in 2010”, sponsored by the New Jersey Corporate Counsel Association (NJCCA), on Tuesday, June 29,2010 at the Hanover Marriott, in Whippany, NJ.
Mr. Ryan’s seminar was designed to reintroduce licensed New Jersey attorneys to the fundamental concepts of professional liability and legal malpractice in 2010. Designed to be of general interest to all New Jersey attorneys, the seminar focused upon:
- the public perception of attorneys in 2010
- the profiling of legal malpractice claims and the identification of trends in claims
- the fundamental law of legal malpractice in New Jersey, including accepted standards of legal practice, deviation from standards of practice, proximate cause and damages
- the utilization of experts in legal malpractice matters
- New Jersey statutes impacting legal malpractice litigation
- potential legislation impacting the statute of limitations and fee shifting in legal malpractice actions
- claims by non-clients against attorneys
- Rules of Professional Conduct as related to claims of legal malpractice
Mr. Ryan is the Managing Partner of the firm’s Professional Liability practice group and a four-time Certified Trial Attorney. He has litigated and tried a wide variety of substantial and complex matters, including professional liability, general liability, product liability, catastrophic construction accidents, wrongful death, design and construction-related property damage and economic loss actions, declaratory judgments, and environmental law matters in the State and Federal Courts. Additional, Mr. Ryan has extensive experience in the representation of parties in mediation and other alternative dispute resolution forums.
For more information, please contact Robert E. Ryan at 973-535-0500 or email@example.com.