ROSELAND, N.J./January 18, 2011 -- George J. Kenny, Connell Foley partner, co-authored the recently-released 2011 3rd Edition of New Jersey Insurance Law. The treatise is published by ALM Media Properties, LLC, a noted legal publisher whose products include the New Jersey Law Journal. This now annual paper back, considered the standard insurance text for New Jersey lawyers, continues to provide comprehensive, accurate and in-depth information about insurance policies, coverage issues, and law in New Jersey.
New chapters provide:
- Detailed review of the anatomy of an insurance contract
- Discussion of problems inherent in formation and termination of insurance contracts
- Analysis of NJ courts’ construction and interpretation of insurance policies
- Expanded coverage of subrogation issues and employment-related insurance policies and issues
- Concise explanation of NJPLIGA and UCJF
Revised and updated chapters review, explore and analyze:
- Fiduciary obligations and insurer’s extracontractual liability
- Legal mechanics of the entire claims process
- Duty to defend
- Declaratory judgment actions and other coverage disputes procedures
- Insurance Fraud Prevention Act
- Commonly issued policies of insurance (including CGL, automobile, PIP, UM/UIM, homeowner, professional liability, life and health, fire property, environmental, and employment policies)
Kenny a member of the firm’s Insurance Coverage and Insurance Defense practice groups, is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, a Diplomate of the American Board of Trial Advocates, member of the American Bar Association, and a Life Fellow of the American Bar Foundation. A member of the Adjunct faculty at Rutgers University School of Law–Newark, Kenny has written and lectured extensively on litigation practice and insurance coverage law. Kenny has also lectured on insurance coverage principles to members of the judiciary at the New Jersey Judicial College. He has served on the Council of the American Bar Association’s Litigation Section and on the ABA Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary. He is a former Trustee of the New Jersey State Bar Association and a former President of the Essex County Bar Association. Kenny has served on the editorial board of the New Jersey Law Journal for more than twenty years and is a co-author of the chapter on damages in Law and Practice of Insurance Coverage Litigation, published by West Group.
For more information, please contact George Kenny at 973-535-0500, or email@example.com.