ROSELAND, N.J./December 28, 2009 -- George J. Kenny, Connell Foley partner, has co-authored the recently-released 2009/2010 supplement to the best-selling book, New Jersey Insurance Law. The treatise is published by Incisive Media, a noted legal publisher whose products include the New Jersey Law Journal. The second edition of the book, which one reviewer described as “readable and reflective of today’s insurance coverage law in New Jersey,” is considered the standard insurance text for New Jersey lawyers. The latest supplement contains summaries and comments on all reported New Jersey coverage cases in the last year, touching on:
- Principles of Insurance Coverage
- Rights of Insurers and Obligations of Insureds
- Rights of Insureds and Obligations of Insurers
- Duty to Defend
- General Liability (CGL) Policies
- Environmental Insurance Coverage
- Motor Vehicle Liability Policies
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Endorsements
- Life, Health and Disability Insurance
- Homeowner Policies
- Professional Liability Policies
- Fire Insurance Policies
- Additional Insurance Topics (such as Employment Insurance, Excess Insurance, Property Insurance, Employee Dishonesty Policies, NJ Property-Liability Insurance Guaranty Association, Reinsurance, and more)
Mr. Kenny is currently working on a 3rd edition that is planned to be published in summer 2010.
Mr. Kenny is a member of the Insurance Coverage and Insurance Defense practice groups, and a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, as well as a Diplomate of the American Board of Trial Advocates and a Life Fellow of the American Bar Association and American Bar Foundation. He is a member of the Adjunct faculty at Rutgers University School of Law−Newark and has written and lectured extensively on litigation practice and insurance coverage law. Mr. Kenny has also lectured on insurance coverage principles to members of the judiciary at the New Jersey Judicial College. Mr. Kenny has served on the Council of the American Bar Association’s Litigation Section and on the ABA Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary. He is a former Trustee of the New Jersey State Bar Association and a former President of the Essex County Bar Association. Mr. Kenny has served on the editorial board of the New Jersey Law Journal for more than twenty years and is a co-author of the chapter on damages in Law and Practice of Insurance Coverage Litigation, published by West Group.
For more information, please contact George J. Kenny at 973-535-0500, or firstname.lastname@example.org.