Abigail Rossman advises a wide variety of corporate clients in complex civil litigation matters involving several diverse areas of law, including Labor Law and construction litigation, product liability, general negligence and commercial litigation, in both state and federal court. In particular, Abigail regularly represents owners/developers, general contractors and subcontractors in both personal injury and property damage matters arising out of allegations of construction defect, New York Labor Law and negligence. This representation includes the pursuit of risk transfer opportunities.
Abigail's experience also includes representing manufacturers, distributors and retailers of industrial machinery, cosmetics and beauty products, textiles, exercise equipment and children’s products in product liability and consumer fraud individual, class action and multi-district litigation. She has also defended pharmaceutical companies in complex multi-district litigations involving product liability and consumer fraud claims brought on behalf of a nationwide class of purchasers and the attorney general offices of multiple states.
In addition, Abigail regularly defends clients in transportation, trucking and automobile matters in a variety of industries involving personal injury, fatality, property damage, product liability and commercial litigation. This representation includes analyzing and understanding the unique issues faced by each industry, including the need for access to an emergency response team, the of existence pre-existing conditions with passengers, conformance with safety programs, training and guidelines, and investigation and preservation of evidence.
Her practice includes representation of clients in the pre-litigation investigations stages through trial and appeal. In addition, Abigail regularly counsels clients on development of accident reporting procedures, safety and emergency response protocols.
While in law school, Abigail belonged to the Moot Court Honor Society, served as a legal writing teaching assistant, and received a Dean's Merit Scholarship. She also served as a legal intern for the school's Criminal Defense Clinic and Innocence Project Seminar. In addition, Abigail was an intern for The Honorable Joseph M. McLaughlin (Second Circuit Court of Appeals) and The Honorable Dennis M. Cavanaugh (D.N.J.) during law school.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Chair, Trial Skills and Damages Seminar
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Construction Committee
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association (NRRDA)
- New York City Association of Insurance Women
News & Insights
- Author, "The DRI Product Liability Compendium: Warnings, Instructions, and Recalls"New Jersey Chapter, Defense Research Institute, 2012
- Author, "Effective Use of Industry Standards to Cross-Examine a Liability Expert Witness"Trial and Tribulations, 07.2012
New York Metro Super Lawyers Rising Star (2013-2016)
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University (J.D., 2006)
University of Michigan (B.A., with honors, 2002)
University of Michigan (B.D.A, 2002)
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York