Abigail Rossman advises a wide variety of corporate clients in complex civil litigation matters specializing in construction-related matters, including Labor Law and construction defect, general negligence and commercial litigation, in both state and federal court. In particular, Abigail regularly represents owners/developers, lessors/lessees, telecommunication carriers, general contractors and subcontractors in both personal injury and property damage matters arising out of allegations of construction defect, New York Labor Law and negligence. This representation includes the pursuit of risk transfer opportunities. Abigail also has significant experience representing clients under CCIP and OCIP programs.
Abigail also regularly represents these clients in commercial litigation matters involving contract disputes, landlord/tenant matters and mechanics liens.
In addition, Abigail defends clients in transportation, trucking and automobile matters in a variety of industries involving personal injury, fatality, property damage, product liability and commercial litigation. This representation includes analyzing and understanding the unique issues faced by each industry, including the need for access to an emergency response team, the existence of pre-existing conditions with passengers, conformance with safety programs, training and guidelines, and investigation and preservation of evidence.
Her practice includes representation of clients in the pre-litigation investigation stages through trial and appeal. In addition, Abigail regularly counsels clients on development of accident reporting procedures, safety and emergency response protocols.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Construction Committee
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- New York City Association of Insurance Women
- USLAW Network
- Construction Committee
- Women's Connection Leadership Committee
News & Insights
- Author, "The DRI Product Liability Compendium: Warnings, Instructions, and Recalls"New Jersey Chapter, Defense Research Institute, 2012
- Author, "Effective Use of Industry Standards to Cross-Examine a Liability Expert Witness"Trial and Tribulations, 07.2012
New York Metro Super Lawyers Rising Star (2013-2016)
Please see Honor and Award Methodology. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University (J.D., 2006)
University of Michigan (B.A., with honors, 2002)
University of Michigan (B.D.A, 2002)
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York