Connell Foley's Labor and Employment Group invites you to an important discussion focused on protecting your company and your employees against harassment in the workplace, as well as your supervisors from potential personal liability.
As the #MeToo movement has grown, it has increased awareness of the need for employers to provide a harassment-free work environment, and the importance of training employees regarding their rights and responsibilities relative to workplace harassment prevention.
This program will inform employers of necessary proactive steps to ensure a professional working environment, reduce the risk of workplace harassment and liability, and inform supervisors of their heightened responsibilities under the law to prevent workplace harassment.
Date: April 17, 2018
8:00 AM: Registration and breakfast
8:15 AM - 10:00 AM: Presentation and Q&A
Join us for our next Business for Breakfast program where we will discuss:
- Practical examples of conduct (written, verbal, visual and physical) that can create workplace harassment;
- Legal risks associated with claims of harassment;
- Potential personal liability;
- Supervisory responsibilities; and
- The importance, structure and benefits of workplace harassment prevention training.
- Michael A. Shadiack, Chair, Labor and Employment Group
- Marianne C. Tolomeo, Partner
RSVP by April 13, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org