Marianne Tolomeo, a partner in Connell Foley’s Labor and Employment Group, practices primarily in the areas of employment law and commercial litigation.
For more than two decades, Marianne has represented clients ranging from large corporations to small companies and individuals in the following areas:
- Counseling on issues regarding employee discipline, for cause and without cause terminations, workplace harassment, reasonable accommodation and leaves of absence.
- Complying with wage and hour regulations, including the proper classification of employees, overtime liability, and responding to state and federal audits.
- Litigating claims alleging wrongful termination, workplace harassment, disability discrimination, whistleblower liability and retaliatory discharge in state and federal courts and agencies.
- Drafting, negotiating and resolving disputes regarding employment contracts, restrictive covenants, confidentiality agreements and separation agreements.
- Conducting internal investigations in response to employee claims of harassment, retaliation, and/or discrimination.
- Drafting and revising employment policies and handbooks.
- Representing small businesses in connection with union elections and the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements.
Marianne regularly presents seminars to business groups and HR professionals on a variety of employment topics, including Compliance with Wage and Hour Regulations, Managing Leaves of Absence, the Preparation and Use of Job Descriptions, Proper Hiring Techniques, Social Media Policies, Updates to EEO-1 Requirements, Employee Handbooks, and Civil Trial Preparation.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Supreme Court District Five Ethics Committee (1994-1996)
News & Insights
- Connell Foley LLP - Roseland office, 10.30.2019
- The Westin Mount Laurel, 10.25.2019
- The Hotel ML, Mount Laurel, NJ, 09.26.2019
- Moderator, "Transtition Tactics: Reaching for the Next Level" 5th Annual Women Business Leaders Forum: Owning Your SuccessOcean Place Resort & Spa, Long Branch, NJ, 09.20.2019
- Presenter, "Managing Employees Leave of Absence and Understanding Income Replacement Benefits While On Leave"Forsgate Country Club, 04.16.2019
- Connell Foley LLP - Roseland Office, 02.26.2019
- Presenter, "Leave as an Accommodation Under the ADA & NJLAD"NJBIA - Sheraton Eatontown, NJ, 09.28.2018
- Presenter, "Introduction to New Jersey’s Diane B. Allen Equal Pay Act"New Jersey Food Council - Forsgate Country Club, 09.26.2018
- Connell Foley LLP - Roseland Office, 09.25.2018
- The Westin Mount Laurel, 08.28.2018
- Connell Foley, 56 Livingston Ave., Roseland, NJ 07068, 06.12.2018
- Presenter, "Business for Breakfast Program: Avoiding Workplace Harassment and Potential Personal Liability"Connell Foley LLP - Roseland Office, 04.17.2018
- Hilton Garden Inn, Hamilton, 02.22.2018
- Connell Foley LLP - Roseland Office, 01.24.2018
- New Jersey Business Magazine, 02.22.2018
- Law360, 02.15.2018
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 08.20.2019
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 08.02.2019
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 02.05.2019
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 01.02.2019
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 05.03.2018
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 12.15.2017
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 12.12.2017