Michael Shadiack, Chair of Connell Foley's Labor and Employment Group, and Marianne Tolomeo, a Partner in the Group, will present "COVID-19 Vaccine - Employment Law Considerations," hosted by Northern New Jersey Manufacturing Industry Partnership on May 20, 2021.
With businesses reopening, many employers are unsure of the laws relating to COVID-19 vaccinations, and the impact on their workforce. Mike and Marianne will address issues such as:
- Employer vaccine mandates – are they legal?
- Legal implications of a mandate under federal and state law
- Legally valid and invalid objections by employees to the vaccine
- Practical considerations for mandating the vaccine
- Unionized employment considerations
- Accommodating unvaccinated workers
- Alternatives to a vaccine mandate/incentivizing employees
- Telecommuting policies
- COVID-19 policies: Containment, Health Screening, Travel/Quarantine
Please see "Related Materials" below for more information on this event.