Marianne Tolomeo, of counsel, in Connell Foley's Labor and Employment Group, will present "From Hiring to Firing: What Every Employer Needs to Know," hosted by New Jersey Business & Industry Association (NJBIA) on June 13, 2023.
Marianne will provide an overview of best practices for hiring and terminating employees in New Jersey and discuss the impact of the recently enacted statutes of the NJ Temporary Worker’s Bill of Rights and the new amendments to the NJ Warn Act.
The following topics will be covered:
- Ads and Recruitment,
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Interviewing,
- Legal Use of Social Media,
- Artificial Intelligence,
- Background Checks,
- Drug Testing (Now That Cannabis is Legal),
- Adequate Documentation,
- Termination Letters,
- Final Pay (Including Accrued PTO),
- Securing the Return of Company Property,
- Protecting the Company After the Employee Leaves
Please visit the NJBIA website to register for this event.