Connell Foley's Labor and Employment Group invites you to an informative presentation that will help put your employment practices on the right track for a successful 2023.
The start of the New Year offers employers a great opportunity to review employment practices and policies. With regular changes to federal, state and local laws and regulations, it can be a challenge for businesses and human resources professionals to stay abreast of the latest rules and best practices.
Please join us for this free hybrid program where we will discuss hot topics and recent changes in employment law, and provide tools to help your company have a successful New Year.
The presentation will cover important developments in various laws and regulations affecting the workplace. Topics include:
- Review and update job descriptions
- Develop a process to timely respond to internal employee complaints
- Identify H-1B cap candidates to supplement your workforce with qualified professionals
- Understand drug testing for Marijuana and what "reasonable suspicion" means
- Ensure you are prepared for a wage & hour audit
- Review and update your social media policy to cover newly-emerging forms and uses of social media
- Employ and enforce anti-bullying policies and training in the workplace
- Prevent discrimination in the Form I-9 and E-Verify Process
- Implement a process and train supervisors to properly address requests for leaves of absence
- Update your employee handbook and conduct workplace harassment prevention training
Michael A. Shadiack, Chair, Labor and Employment Group
Molly Hurley Kellett, Partner, Labor and Employment Group
Marianne C. Tolomeo, Of Counsel, Labor and Employment Group
Victoria A. Donoghue, Of Counsel, Corporate Immigration and Global Mobility Practice
Abigail J. Walsh, Associate Corporate Immigration and Global Mobility Practice
Lauren F. Iannaccone, Associate, Labor and Employment Group
Caitlin P. Dettmer, Associate, Labor and Employment Group
This course has been approved for the following credits:
New Jersey - 2.4 General Credits
New York - 2.0 Areas of Professional Practice Credits, pursuant to New York's Approved Jurisdiction Policy
HRCI Credit(s): "This Program, ID No. 613125, has been approved for 2.00 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®)."