Molly Kellett is an experienced litigator focusing on commercial litigation, construction matters and employment law. She counsels a wide array of clients and handles all stages of complex commercial matters, from contract negotiation to settlement and trial. Molly approaches each case with an eye toward providing solutions that protect clients from exposure and help them achieve their commercial goals.
Molly also represents employers and management in the defense of employment-related claims in federal and state courts, including all manner of discrimination, retaliation and wrongful discharge claims. She conducts confidential internal investigations for employers as well, and negotiates and enforces employment contracts, including post-termination agreements and other restrictive covenants.
In addition, Molly’s experience extends to defending professional firms and individual licensed professionals in malpractice litigation.
As part of her practice, Molly counsels many of the firm’s clients on all facets of ediscovery, including best practices for information and data retention, preservation, collection, review and production. Molly also guides clients through those processes before and during litigation, and handles ediscovery negotiations, conferences and disputes in complex litigation matters. She serves as a member of Connell Foley’s Ediscovery Committee.
Molly is a Barrister in the Brennan-Vanderbilt Inn of Court, which seeks to promote legal excellence in civil litigation and fidelity to the highest standards of professionalism. During law school, she clerked in the Seton Hall Law Civil Litigation Clinic and interned for Essex Newark Legal Services.
Outside the practice of law, Molly is an active member in her community and serves on the board of the Cranford Newcomers’ Club. She also supports the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation in its mission to raise funds and awareness for multiple myeloma research.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Township of Cranford Planning Board
- American Bar Association
- Women in eDiscovery
- Kappa Kappa Gamma
News & Insights
- New Jersey Law Journal, 06.02.2020
- Super Lawyers - Thomson Reuters, 03.12.2019
- Super Lawyers - Thomson Reuters, 03.19.2018
- Webinar, 01.27.2021
- Presenter, "Temperature Checks and More: What You Need to Know About Workplace Health Screenings," New Jersey Business Industry Association (NJBIA)Webinar, 06.16.2020
- Connell Foley LLP - Roseland Office, 01.28.2020
- Presenter, "Dealing with Bullies in the Workplace," New Jersey Business & Industry Association (NJBIA)Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton, Hamilton, NJ, 10.18.2019
- Connell Foley LLP, 04.24.2019
- New Jersey Business & Industry Association (NJBIA), 06.17.2020
- New Jersey Business Magazine (NJBIA), 10.18.2019
- NJBIA's Business Newsletter, 08.02.2019
- Law360, 05.30.2019
- Co-author, "Proposed New Legislation in New Jersey Would Reduce the Statute of Limitations and Eliminate Fee-Shifting for Legal Malpractice Claims"DRI Newsletter of the Professional Liability Committee, 07.01.2015
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 12.03.2020
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 06.19.2020
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 04.30.2020
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 04.09.2020
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 04.09.2020
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 03.11.2020
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 08.20.2019
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 07.31.2019
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 03.22.2019
"New Leaders of the Bar," New Jersey Law Journal (2020)
New Jersey Super Lawyers - Rising Stars (2016-2020)
- Heidi Willis Currier, J.S.C., Law Division-Civil Part in the Middlesex Vicinage
Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., Member, Seton Hall Law Circuit Review)
Tulane University (B.S.M., Legal Studies of Business & Marketing, cum laude)
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey