Connell Foley's Labor and Employment Group invites you to an informative presentation that will help put your employment practices on the right track for a successful 2018.
The start of the New Year offers employers a great opportunity to review employment practices and policies. With regular changes to federal, state and local laws and regulations, it can be a challenge for businesses and human resources professionals to stay abreast of the latest rules and best practices.
Join us for this free program where we will discuss hot topics and recent changes in employment law, and provide tools to help your company have a successful New Year.
8:00 AM: Registration and breakfast
8:15 AM - 10:00 AM: Presentation and Q&A
The presentation will cover important developments in various laws and regulations affecting the workplace, including:
- Properly paying employees
- Paid family leave and benefits expansion
- Employee handbook updates
- Potential "joint employer" status
- I-9 compliance
- Social media ramifications in the workplace
- Paid sick leave
- Background check requirements
- Updating recruiting materials
- Training for your employees and supervisors
We will also review our "2018 Employer To-Do Checklist" and provide best practices to proactively manage risk and protect your business through awareness and preemptive measures.
- Michael A. Shadiack, Chair, Labor and Employment Group
- Marianne C. Tolomeo, Partner
- Michael J. Schewe, Associate
- Lauren F. Iannaccone, Associate
RSVP by January 19, 2018 to email@example.com