Marianne C. Tolomeo, a partner in Connell Foley's Labor and Employment Group, is presenting "Properly Classifying Workers" at the New Jersey Business & Industry Association (NJBIA) Human Resource Council Meeting on June 7.
Marianne will discuss best practices for employers to properly classify workers and the expanded risk of liability for failing to do so, as back pay, civil and criminal penalties and administrative fees can easily accrue.
This program will examine:
- Laws targeting the misclassification of employees as independent contractors and/or as exempt employees
- Newly enacted remedies and stringent penalties for failing to properly classify and pay employees
- Expanded liability and penalties under the New Jersey Wage Theft Act
- Wage and hour issues that may arise due to the increase in remote work
- The expanded risk of personal liability
Please visit the NJBIA website to register for this event.