Connell Foley's Labor and Employment Group invites you to
an informative presentation that will help put your employment practices
on the right track for a successful 2019.
The start of the New Year offers employers a great opportunity to review employment practices and policies. With regular changes to federal, state and local laws and regulations, it can be a challenge for businesses and human resources professionals to stay abreast of the latest rules and best practices.
Please join us for this free program where we will discuss hot topics and recent changes in employment law, and provide tools to help your company have a successful New Year.
The presentation will cover important developments in various laws and regulations affecting the workplace, including:
- New Jersey's new equal pay law
- New Jersey's paid sick leave law
- Employee handbook updates
- New Jersey's Smoke-Free Air Act
- I-9 compliance
- Social media ramifications in the workplace
- Properly paying employees
- Background check requirements
- Foreign workforce audits
- Workplace harassment prevention training
We will also review our "2019 Employer To-Do Checklist" and provide best practices to proactively manage risk and protect your business through awareness and preemptive measures.
February 26, 2019
8:00 AM: Registration and breakfast
8:15 AM - 10:15 AM: Presentation and Q&A
Connell Foley LLP
56 Livingston Avenue
Roseland, NJ 07068
* Webinar Option: For those not able to attend the presentation in Roseland, we are offering the option to view the presentation via live webinar. To register for the webinar, please RSVP via the link below and indicate your desire to attend via webinar. Login instructions will be emailed to you in advance of the program.
Michael A. Shadiack, Chair, Labor and Employment Group
Marianne C. Tolomeo, Partner
Michael J. Schewe, Associate
Lauren F. Iannaccone, Associate
RSVP by February 20, 2019 to email@example.com
This program has been approved in New Jersey for 2.4 General credits and Pennsylvania for 2 Substantive CLE credits. The seminar may be reciprocated to New York for 2 CLE credits, Areas of Professional Practice.