Neil Dornbaum, Co-chair of Connell Foley's Corporate Immigration and Global Mobility Practice, is a panelist for the Philadelphia Bar Association's live webcast "Back to the Future: Unravelling Four Years of Immigration Policy Changes and Laws," hosted by the Immigration Law Committee and presented on February 24, 2021.
Neil joins Wendy Castor Hess, a Partner at Landau, Hess, Simon, Choi & Doebley, and Shoba Sivaprasad Wadhia, Esq., the associate Dean for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Penn State Law, in a panel discussion on what the new administration means for U.S. immigration policies. The panel will discuss:
- The legal procedure for effectuating change—which “changes” can be made with a mere swipe of a pen from the Oval Office and which require notice and comment in the Federal Register?
- Lessons learned from Court challenges to the Trump Administration’s Executive Actions and drafting errors—will the new Administration repeat them?
- Proposed and expected legislative bills from the White House, Democrats and Republicans
- Current court cases, and the issues which may ultimately wind up before the Supreme Court
- The “real time” impact of the pandemic on the Biden Immigration agenda