Connell Foley's environmental law partners, George Duke and Steve Barnett, are speaking at the 2023 Northeast Sustainable Communities Workshop (NSCW) in Worcester, MA, on September 19-20. This year's theme is "Reimagining Brownfields: Strategies for Successful Redevelopment," and brings together environmental experts, consultants, developers, attorneys, academics, and real estate professionals for impactful sessions that empower and inspire.
On September 19th, George and the New York City Brownfield Partnership members will update attendees on New York's Part 375 and Part 360 revisions. The panel will cover the status of Revisions to the Brownfield Cleanup Program.
Track 2B - New York Regulatory Update
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM·
- Ezgi Karayel (Session Moderator), Vektor Consultants, Principal
- Kevin McCarty, GEI Consultants, Inc., Senior Practice Leader
- George Duke, Esq., Connell Foley LLP, Partner
- Linda Shaw, Esq., Knauf Shaw, LLP, Partner
On September 20th, Steve Barnett, a technical/engineering expert, and a financial expert, will discuss two cases where contaminants of emerging concern (CECs) were discovered on a brownfield site. Both cases involve a CEC plume discovered during redevelopment in New Jersey, specifically where the discovery of CECs significantly impacted the redevelopment plan and timeline.
Track 1A - How to Quantify, Manage and Remediate Contaminants of Emerging Concern
9:45 AM – 10:45 AM
- Mindy S. Chaturgan, PG Environmental Waste Management Associates, LLC, Director of Technical Operations & Remediation
- Steve Barnett, Esq., Connell Foley LLP, Partner
- Jefferey Andrilenas, RG, L.HG, L.EG, TBLS Group, LLC, Senior Vice President
- Denis Conley, Haley & Aldrich, Senior Associate