Karen Painter Randall, Chair of Connell Foley's Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Group, is a panelist at the Cybersecurity Legal Webinar "Ransomware: A Massive and Paralyzing Cyber Threat Facing Organizations in 2019." Presented by the University of South Carolina School of Law's Cybersecurity Legal Task Force, of which Karen is a member, the program will address best practices for preventing and responding to a ransomware attack, including:
- Ethical obligations that apply in safeguarding client data and breach notification
- How to avoid a ransomware attack
- Options available to respond to a ransomware attack
- When should you and how do you pay ransom
- Pitfalls even when ransom is paid
- Insurance coverage and loss concerns
Karen will be joined in the presentation by: Douglas Hemminghaus, Assistant Special Agent in Charge, National Security Branch, Federal Bureau of Investigation; James Jaeger, Chief Cyber Strategist and Partner, Arete Advisors; and Abigail Oliver, Assistant Vice President of Cyber Underwriting, AXIS Capital.
For more information, please visit University of South Carolina School of Law's Cybersecurity Legal Task Force website.
Click here to read "Randsomware Is Not Just Someone's Scary Story," a recap of the Cybersecurity Legal Webinar.