Michael Shadiack, chair of Connell Foley's Labor and Employment Practice Group and Taryn Abrahams, Founder/CEO of Empower Behavioral Services presents "Unconscious Bias and Its Impact on the Workplace," on December 4, 2019. The biggest challenge with bias is that often people are unaware of their biases -- what is typically referred to as "unconscious bias." When unconscious bias affects people's behavior, attitudes and decision-making, it can have a very negative impact -- particularly in the workplace. This program will examine:
- What is unconscious bias and where does it come from?
- Types of unconscious bias
- Consequences of unconscious bias in the workplace
- Correlation between unconscious bias and workplace harassment
- Tips and strategies for managing unconscious bias
- Employee training to help identify and eradicate unconscious bias in the workplace