Michael Shadiack, Chair of Connell Foley's Labor and Employment Group, will be presenting at Morris County Chamber of Commerce, HR and Talent Subcommittee Meeting on October 13, 2020. Mike will be presenting alongside Lisa Fried-Grodin, Esq., Partner, Meyers Fried-Grodin LLP, where they will each be speaking on "COVID-19: Managing New Workplace Considerations and Wage and Hour Concerns." This seminar will be broken into two sections and discuss the following topics:
New Workplace Considerations:
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (leave due to child care/school considerations)
- New Jersey Family Leave Act (leave due to child care/school considerations)
- Telecommuting arrangements (policy language and home safety checklist)
- Full-time to part-time requests
- Vacation and paid sick leave requests
- Resignation or separation (if no other options are feasible)
Managing wage and hour issues that might arise:
- Consequences of not paying employees correctly: No COVID-19 defense to wage and hour law violations. Review of 1 year old NJ Wage Theft Act exposure to damages, penalties and fines.
- Impact of modified work shifts and schedules on compensation
- How to handle reducing pay for staff: notice and other requirements
- Asssigning nonexempt duties to exempt, salaried employees and the Fair Labor Standards Act emergency exception
- Pay and time off issues when employees travel to a state on NJ’s Travel Advisory list and must self-quarantine after returning.
- Review of pay/benefits for employees who can’t work due to COVID-19 issues.
Visit Morris County Chamber of Commerce for more information and to register for this event.