Jennifer Carrillo-Perez, of counsel in Connell Foley’s Real Estate and Land Use Group, is the moderator for a panel at The Second Annual Newark CRE Summit, to be held on June 21, 2016. Ms. Carrillo-Perez will lead an interactive panel discussion on “Newark CRE 360: A Global View of the Development, Investment & Financing Opportunities and Challenges.” The panel will explore several important issues related to the commercial real estate market in Newark, including:
- Analysis of the types of developers active in Newark today, and why
- Analysis of the types of capital programs (debt, mezzanine financing, JV equity, private equity) behind development and investment deals
- Why is Newark a viable investment alternative in 2016?
- How much room is there to grow for Newark investment and development deals in 2016?
- How has the investor base changed over the last 12-24 months?
- Analysis of absorption over the last 12-24 months
- Analysis of capitalization rates on recently closed investment and development deals
- Analysis of obstacles including land costs, labor and union-related issues
- Expert predictions for the next 12-24 months
Ms. Carrillo-Perez will be joined on the panel by:
- Anne Babineau, Redevelopment Attorney, Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A.
- Joel Bergstein, President, Lincoln Equities Group, LLC
- Scott A. Blow, Acting President & CEO, Newark Community Economic Development Corporation
- Steven Greenberg, Principal, Heritage Capital Group
- Frank Pinto, Principal, Hospitality Innovations/Redds Biergarten
For more information or to register, please visit CapRate Events’ website.