Jennifer Carrillo-Perez parlays years of real estate experience into innovative solutions and opportunities for a range of developer clients. With a background in land use and zoning, redevelopment, municipal law, and regulatory and government affairs, Jennifer is a sought-after advisor on key development projects as well as related legislative issues.
As part of her practice, Jennifer guides clients in the preparation of preliminary investigations to designate areas in need of rehabilitation and redevelopment. She likewise provides counsel on redevelopment plans and ordinances, and formulates redevelopment agreements. Her work covers complex redevelopment matters, including Green Acres, as well as affordable housing development.
In addition, Jennifer works with governmental entities to identify and secure public financing incentives, payments in lieu of taxes and tax abatements.
With deep ties to the community, Jennifer devotes a substantial amount of time to projects that have a positive impact on New Jersey’s cities. She was recently selected for membership in the Emerging Leaders Council of the Rutgers Center for Real Estate.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Board Member, Essex County Vocational High School
- Hispanic Bar Association
- Commercial Real Estate Women of New Jersey (CREWNJ)
- Emerging Leaders Council, Rutgers Center for Real Estate (2016-2017)
- Newark School of the Arts, Board of Trustees (2014-2015)
- ASPIRA of New Jersey, Board Chair (2004-2014)
- Discovery Charter School, Board of Trustees Member (2004-2005)
- City of Newark, Newark Public Schools Advisory Board Member (2001-2004)
- Panelist, "Real Estate Market Forecast: Newark Continues to Rise," Newark Regional Business Partnership (NRBP) 2017 Market Forecast, Newark, NJ (March 2017)
- Panelist, “Creation & Adoption of a Redevelopment Plan,” New Jersey Redevelopment Authority (NJRA) Redevelopment Planning Law conference, Newark, NJ (October 2016)
- Moderator, “Newark CRE 360: A Global View of the Development, Investment & Financing Opportunities and Challenges,” The Second Annual Newark CRE Summit, Newark, NJ (June 2016)
- Moderator, "Newark's Redevelopment Successes: Lessons Learned & Prospects," American Planning Association - New Jersey Chapter, New Brunswick, NJ (January 2013)
- City of Newark commendation for serving as a moderator and panelist on "Building a Better North Ward" forum on filing Tax Appeals (March 2011)
- Panelist, "Pay-to-Play," New Jersey Hispanic Bar Association Conference
News & Insights
- ROI-NJ, 07.28.2022
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.19.2021
- Super Lawyers - Thomson Reuters, 03.12.2019
- NJBIZ, 06.25.2018
- Super Lawyers - Thomson Reuters, 03.19.2018
- 525 Washington Blvd., 12th FL, Jersey City, 06.23.2022
Best Lawyers in America (2023)
- Real Estate Law
"Alumna of the Year, Department of Political Science and Law," Montclair State University (2020)
NJBIZ "Leaders in Law" (2018)
ECDC Women of Excellence (2017)
New Jersey Super Lawyers - Rising Stars (2017-2019)
New Jersey Law Journal "New Leaders of the Bar" (2013)
"Professional Services Business Person of the Year," Statewide Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey (2009)
"Women Pioneers Award" LUPE PAC (2014)
Please see Honor and Award Methodology. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Honorable Claude M. Colemen, Judge of the Superior Court, Essex County, Civil Division
Rutgers University School of Law (J.D., 2004)
Montclair State University (B.A., 2001)
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey