Eugene J. Codey presents on, "Successfully Proving Damages" at New Jersey Association for Justice Education Foundation's Meadowlands Seminar 2012 at the Sheraton Meadowlands in East Rutherford, NJ (November 15 & 16, 2012).
Topics covered include:
- Congested calendars - Faster resolution.
- More time for Judge to work on case.
- Documents submitted in advance.
- Always good to have clients present.
- Preferable for adjusters to be present or at least available.
- No appeal.
- Do a Settlement Agreement setting out the terms.
- Parties or Mediator not prepared. "Tell me what this case is about."
- Unrealistic expectations - meet with clients in advance.
- Amount of insurance coverage does not mean that case is worth that amount.
- Ridiculous starting demands or offers.
- Explain the process.
- Work out lien stats prior to Mediation and start the negotiation or comprise of those liens before you arrive at Mediation.