ROSELAND, N.J./August 12, 2010 -- Connell Foley partner Agnes Antonian has been recognized for her significant accomplishments within the law community by the New Jersey Law Journal, which has named her to the 2010 “40 Under 40” list.
Antonian demonstrated her academic strength in her youth by earning an academic scholarship from Exxon Corporation, which lead to studies at the University of Notre Dame before ultimately pursing a law degree from Seton Hall Law School, where she graduated magna cum laude.
New Jersey Law Journal criteria for selection examines candidates’ recognition by peers and community activity, along with evaluation of a candidate’s career, recognition by professional organizations, individual membership and leadership roles in the bar, and work in charitable and volunteer activities. Honorees are top leaders in the state's legal community.
Antonian was selected by the New Jersey Law Journal after a review of her decade-long career at Connell Foley, which affirmed her effectiveness at balancing the demands of a flourishing career with raising a family.
Antonian's talent has positioned her to lead complex litigation cases, from environmental and land use litigation to real estate law, intellectual property litigation, and construction law. Her breadth of experience extends across federal, state, and local agencies on a variety of projects, including those impacted by CERCLA, wetlands, CAFRA, waterfront development, and other state and federal regulations.
Significant case work encompasses various industry giants, among others:
- Served as local counsel to Texas Instruments in a matter of patent and anti-trust litigation, resulting in a jury verdict in excess of $100,000,000
- Served as co-counsel for Mosaid Technologies Inc., in patent litigation matters related to e-discovery that resulted in a landmark legal decision
- Represented pharmaceutical company Sanofi-Aventis LLC in patent litigation, against a preliminary injunction, that she successfully defended
- Achieved favorable settlement for PSE&G in a breach of contract and fraud claims case, involving a large polypropylene plant in a $75 million dispute
- Represented property owner in an action over property jurisdiction, against the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Antonian currently serves as counsel to the Special Master in the enforcement involving one of the largest court-ordered environmental cleanup in the United States.
While carrying out her duties for the firm, Antonian also supervises a group of associate attorneys and serves on various committees. In her role as a member of the Hiring Committee, she is active both as mentor and recruiter, and she provides representation in pro bono activities.
For more information, contact Agnes Antonian at 973-535-0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Connell Foley
Established in 1938, Connell Foley LLP has achieved success in litigation, corporate law, and a broad range of specialty areas. Comprising more than 100 lawyers, who are organized into 21 distinct practice areas, Connell Foley is proud of its continued ability to deliver the highest levels of legal representation and satisfaction for its clients. Although Connell Foley has the resources of a large law firm, its attorneys view the practice of law to be a personal service, whether the client is a multinational corporation or an entrepreneur embarking on a new venture. Connell Foley has locations in Roseland, Jersey City, New York, and Philadelphia.