Barry Cocoziello brings extensive trial and appellate experience to his work for clients, including large hospital corporations, partnerships and corporate shareholders, real estate developers, construction companies and individuals. Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney and recognized by Chambers USA in the area of general commercial litigation, he has represented clients in complex commercial litigation, fraud and RICO law, construction litigation, employment litigation and disciplinary proceedings before professional boards.
As an adjunct professor at Rutgers Law School-Newark, Barry has taught Pretrial Civil Practice and also served as a Master in the Vanderbilt Inns of Court. Through his participation in the American Bar Association, he has served as a panelist and speaker at the Litigation Section forums. Prior to joining the firm, Barry served as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert Muir, Superior Court of New Jersey.
Professional and Community Affiliations
Member/Legal Counsel, National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORMAL) (1998-present)
News & Insights
- Super Lawyers, 03.20.2023
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, 03.17.2022
- Super Lawyers, 03.23.2021
- Super Lawyers - Thomson Reuters, 03.12.2019
- Super Lawyers - Thomson Reuters, 03.19.2018
Chambers USA - America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (General Commercial Litigation)
AV Peer Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
New Jersey Super Lawyers (2004-2023)
Please see Honor and Award Methodology. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Hon. Robert Muir, Superior Court of New Jersey
Rutgers University School of Law (J.D., 1976)
Washington College (B.A., 1970)
- New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Supreme Court