Michael Mirone is an accomplished tax and estate planning attorney who serves as a trusted partner to clients and wealth managers alike. With over 20 years of experience, he focuses on estate, gift and income tax planning; business succession planning; multi-generational wealth transfers; charitable giving strategies; asset protection; wills and trusts; and other complex wealth preservation and strategic planning issues.
Michael collaborates with his clients in providing evaluation, design and due diligence on comprehensive estate and wealth transfer planning, trust design and implementation, asset protection strategies and philanthropy. He also negotiates and drafts shareholder, operating and employment agreements, and other vital contracts and documents for business owners.
In addition, Michael draws upon several years of in-house wealth preservation and planning experience to serve as a tactical business partner to financial advisors, helping guide them in the development of overall planning strategies and action plans.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Northern New Jersey
- Morris County Bar Association
- Co-Presenter, "New Planning for the SECURE Act with IRAs and Retirement Plans," Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C., Webinar (February 2020)
- Presenter, "IRA Distributions: Changes You Need to Know NOW," NBI, Webinar (December 2019)
- "Capacity and Care Assessments - A Necessary Part of Planning for Aging," Porzio Update (February 2020)
- "Five Major Changes to Tax and Estate Planning for Retirement Assets in 2020 and Beyond," Porzio Update (February 2020)
- "Tax Planning Alert - Upstream Power of Appointment Trust," Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C. (September 2019)
- "Secure Act and RESA: Signiﬁcant Changes Expected to Retirement Planning," Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C. (June 2019)
- "Does Your Grantor Trust Still Make Sense?" Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C. (March 2019)
- "Using NINGs to Save New Jersey State Income Taxes," Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C. (January 2019)
New York University School of Law, New York, NY, LL.M. in Taxation
Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, NJ, J.D.
- Member, Seton Hall Constitutional Law Journal
Boston University Questrom School of Business, Boston, MA, B.S. in Business Administration, concentration in Accounting
- New Jersey
- New York